Compare Annuity Rates & Make the Best Choice
- View Three Best Annuity Options in each category hybrid, fixed, variable or immediate.
- Pre-Issued Annuities ™ safe A+ payment stream or lump sum with a higher yield.
- Gain 24/7 Instant Access to over 2750 Annuity Choices with Rates in our database.
- Knowing today’s best annuity rates will level the playing field so you remain in control.
- Get Our Annuity Reference Manual & 12 Essential Annuity Success Tools - FREE
Retirement Annuity Resources
|Annuities have come to the forefront as an asset allocation of choice for securing retirements during these turbulent financial times. While there are numerous investment choices, they do not fully answer these fundamental retirement questions:|
Learn how an annuity can answer each of the following questions; How can I…
- know that no matter how long I live, I will never run out of money?
- have certainty that no matter how bad the economy is, I will never run out of money?
- be certain that if I predecease my spouse, he or she will never run out of money?
- set up my own self-directed pension that I control and own?
- protect my principal with no loss through a financial crisis?
- grow my nest egg to keep up with or beat inflation?
- have safety and beat what banks offer by earning higher interest?
- benefit during an up stock market and suffer no loss in a down stock market?
- keep my money growing without paying tax as it grows?
- reposition my IRA, 401K, 403B, 457, etc. for safety, growth and income?
- avoid probate and get any unused portion of my nest egg directly to my heirs?
- give my heirs a tax-advantaged or tax-free income stream for their retirement?
It is no accident that annuities are now in the mainstream of foundational conservative retirement planning. However, it is also no secret that bias and half truths are rampant in the financial industry. For many years, they have been pushed to the side by the investment industry promoting diversification through a multitude of securities that are risk-oriented investments.
|Now that most investors have experienced the 2008-2009 Great Recession/crisis first-hand, the fallacy of relying on diversified market risk during or near retirement proved to be foolhardy. Currently with the prospect of a volatile and potentially down or flat economy for the next decade or two, the advantages of annuities are all too obvious. Hindsight, as we say, is always 20/20!|
This site has detailed answers to all of the questions above and detailed annuity information. After you have completed your research make certain that you use current annuity rates when deciding which one is best. Eventually, when you are informed and ready to allocate a portion of your assets into an annuity, you will need to work with a state-licensed planner or insurance agent. This is the only way you can legally allocate your money into this type of financial instrument.
We do highly recommend that you work face to face with an independent licensed retirement planner. One who agrees to adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards monitored by a third party. We also recommend as part of the third party validation process that a licensed financial professional to go through a seven-year background check with the National Ethics Association for your protection.
More information on retirement planning:
Today’s Annuity Rates & Ratings
- View hundreds of published Current Annuity Rates
- Annuity Reviews, by Dick and Eric to help with your decisions.
- Current blogs and Articles, on retirement concerns
- Access to concise Annuity Educational Videos. Watch Now
- Retirement Calculators to help your research on annuities.
Retirement Calculators can assist you in your research towards a very secure, tax deferred portfolio allocations. They can help with calculations on guaranteed minimum interest rates or projected higher potential earnings. These calculations show no tax due on any earnings until they are withdrawn from the account. Use these calculators such as the fixed annuity calculator, variable annuity calculator, or immediate annuity calculator to help you determine how these financial instruments might fit into your retirement plan. Also take advantage of the retirement planning calculator and the retirement shortfall calculator.
Rates are Important For Income or Wealth Transfer
Case Study: In November of 2007, Jan and Steve, a couple concerned about the security of their investments and retirement savings, made a call to Ed, a family friend who was also their financial professional. After a brief conversation, they agreed to meet a few days later and discuss their portfolio.
Upon meeting with the couple, Ed reluctantly agreed with them that they were not risk-takers, and yet he had a majority of their assets wrapped up in the stock market against their better judgment. Awkward as it was, Jan and Steve severed their business relationship with Ed causing some friction with the relatives.
In an initial consultation with a new advisor they were carefully examining their investment options and looking at alternatives such as CDs, bonds, and REITs, Steve and Jan also discussed that they had read some negative reviews about annuities. The sources they were quoting said they were risky and associated with high fees and surrender charges.
The articles they had gathered their information from were strongly biased. Additionally, these articles had placed all emphasis on the variable annuity (VA) category. Unfortunately, it is not at all uncommon for financial writers to demonstrate bias by spinning an incomplete or simply inaccurate tale. Although the VA, when used under correct circumstances, can make perfect sense, they are distinctly different from fixed annuities, which are no or low fee, low or no risk and far more conservative.
This couple eventually chose to leave the stock market and allocated a reasonable portion of their retirement savings into fixed annuities with income riders. Their cash value has increased as planned, and they are now comfortable knowing their retirement income foundation is predictable and secure. Best of all, they did not lose any of their money during the Great Recession of 2007-2009.
Unfortunately, not all misinformed individuals have such a happy ending.